blood on the wall
· I'll never forget
· The water hitting the white surface of the shower stall
· Why is the picture still so clear?
· It's been years, it's ridiculous!
· I see a glass table and it comes back again
· I see the white glossy wall
· the water beads up on it
• tinted red. even after blinking.
• red droplets
• beginning to run down the shiny white
• only focusing on them -
not the woman outside the curtain
or the fact that I'm naked in a
• just the red. deeper now. drops.
• beads that eventually burst
sliding slowly down to the small tiles on the floor
and down the drain to who knows
• As I plunged forward with this cleanup I could not stop watching
· Every time I'd continue I'd see them again
······· the red droplets
········ getting paler now, still sliding down the wall
········· slower, slower
·········· then the next frame appears in my memory.
• so surreal, even after six years.
[ Back ] [ Home ] [ Up ] [ Next ]