How to Love Yourself
1. STOP ALL CRITICISM! Criticism never changes a thing. Accept yourself
exactly as you are. Everyone changes. When you criticize yourself, your changes
are negative. When you approve of yourself, your changes are positive.
2. DON'T SCARE YOURSELF. Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts. Find a
mental image that gives you pleasure and immediately switch your scary thought
to a pleasure thought.
3. BE GENTLE AND KIND AND PATIENT. Be gentle to yourself. Be kind to yourself.
Be patient with yourself as you learn the new ways of thinking. Treat yourself
as you would someone you really love.
4. BE KIND TO YOUR MIND. Self hatred is only hating your own thoughts. Don't
hate yourself for having the thoughts. Gently change your thoughts.
5. PRAISE YOURSELF. Criticism breaks down the inner spirit. Praise builds it up.
Praise yourself as much as you can. Tell yourself how well you are doing with
every little thing.
6. SUPPORT YOURSELF. Find ways to support yourself. Reach out to friends and
allow them to help you. IT IS STRONG TO ASK FOR HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT.
7. BE LOVING TO YOUR NEGATIVES. Acknowledge that you created them to fulfil a
need. Now you are finding new, positive ways to fulfill those needs. So lovingly
release the old negative patterns.
8. TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY. Learn about nutrition. What kind of fuel does your
body need to have optimum energy and vitality? Learn about exercise and what
kind you would enjoy. cherish and revere the temple you live in.
9. MIRROR WORK. Look into your eyes often. Express this growing sense of love
you have for yourself. forgive yourself looking in the mirror. "Talk to
your parents" looking in the mirror. Forgive them too. At least once a day
say, "I love you!"
10. LOVE YOURSELF. Begin it now. Do the best you can.
[ The station ] [ Cookie Principle ] [ Be A Kid! ] [ Decisions ] [ Interludes ] [ Happiness ] [ Love Yourself ] [ Unrequited ] [ Laundry List ] [ Simple Vs. Real Friend ] [ Story to Live By ]